TERMS & CONDITIONS
WELCOME TO THE ALANKAR WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER. BY USING THIS WEBSITE AND/OR PLACING AN ORDER YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW.
These terms and conditions set out the basis on which you can use our website, call centre and stores to place orders for items from Alankar by Alankar Sarees Ltd. By ordering/purchasing goods from Diya you are deemed to have understood and accepted these terms.
The supplier of the goods featured is Alankar by Alankar Sarees Ltd L Ltd Trading office 46-48 Wilmslow Road, Rusholme , Manchester M14 5TQ. Registered at Companies House number 5654785.VAT Registration No. 873095012.You may contact us at this address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on (0)161 129 1446. Telephone calls to and from Alankar may be recorded and monitored as part of our efforts to further improve service to our customers. Unless stated otherwise all calls to Diya are at your normal local landline charge. Mobile providers and other networks may vary.
We may contact you for marketing purposes by email, mail or telephone with relevant offers.
- All measurements are approximate.
- The reproduction of colours is as accurate as the photographic and production process will reasonably allow.
- All risk in the products we supply to you, in particular the risk of any loss or damage, shall pass to you on delivery of the products to the address you specify in your order. Ownership of the products shall not pass to you until we have received payment in full in respect of such products.
- We shall not be liable for any indirect losses you may suffer, including any loss of profit, income or anticipated savings as a result of our failure to comply with these terms.
- These terms, constitute the entire terms on which we will provide products to you and cancel and supersedes all prior arrangements and representations, whether verbal or written.
- We may amend these terms from time to time at our discretion without notice to you. Any amendments will be posted on this website and will supersede any terms and conditions previously published by us.
- No delay or failure by ourselves in exercising or enforcing any of our rights or remedies under these terms shall operate as a waiver of those rights.
- If any one or more of the provisions of these terms should be held by any court to be unenforceable, such provision shall be validly restated to as nearly as possible approximate the intent of the clause and, if such clause cannot be restated for any reason, shall be severable from these terms and deleted.
- You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms to any person without our prior written consent. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these terms whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- All matters concerning and incidental to any offer or agreement for the purchase and sale of products from our website shall be in English and construed and governed according to English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in all such matters.
- We do our best to make sure that prices are correctly shown but very occasionally an error may occur. If this should happen, we will correct the price and ask you to confirm whether you still wish to purchase the products at the correct price. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. We will not accept an order if there is a pricing error.
- We do not allow a resale on any of our items.
- Neither the Content the Trade Marks nor any other portion of the Website may be used reproduced duplicated copied sold resold accessed modified or otherwise exploited in full or in part for any purpose without our prior written consent.
- If you are not happy with any product we supply you can return the item for a refund. Simply call our Customer Care on (0)203 129 1446.
- Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse service at any time. Sale of any goods or services is subject to availability.
These terms and conditions do not in any way affect your statutory rights
- Our display of products on our website is an invitation and not an offer to sell those products to you.
- An offer is made when you place the order for your products. However, we will not have made a contract with you until we accept your offer (see point 5 below).
- We take payment from your card, when we process your order and have checked your card details. Products are subject to availability. If we are unable to supply the products, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given if you have already paid for the products.
- If you enter a correct email address we will send you an order acknowledgement email and order update email(s). These are not order confirmation or order acceptance from us.
- Unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it, order acceptance and the creation of the contract between you and us will take place at the point the products you have ordered are dispatched from our warehouse to be delivered to the address you have given us. It does not take place until that stage, even though we may have debited your card (see 3 above) or we have sent acknowledging emails (see 4 above). Very occasionally an error may occur resulting in the products described on our website not being the products actually available for sale. If this occurs your order will not be or have been accepted. We may ask you whether you wish to purchase other products we may have available or the products which may have been dispatched to you in error. If so your order will be amended. Otherwise, we will treat any order as cancelled and any incorrect products dispatched will be returned for full refund.
- The contract will be formed at the place of dispatch of the products.
- All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with clause 5 above of these terms and conditions.
- We do not file details of your order for you to access please print out these terms and conditions and the order acknowledgement for your own record.
- Payment may be made by any single one of the methods indicated on our website; we are unable to process orders with more than one method of payment. We accept all major credit cards . We do not accept payment by cheque.
- For security purposes your billing name and address must match that of the Credit/Debit card used for payment. We reserve the right to cancel and refund any order that does not match this criteria, once the information has been received from your bank or payment authority.
- The price displayed for goods and services remains the same regardless of the country of delivery. For deliveries to the EU, the price includes VAT at the rate of the country of dispatch.
- A delivery charge will be applied at checkout, please view our delivery section.
- We deliver to any UK address as well as providing International Delivery. Please see our Delivery section for the country list and prices. All orders for international deliveries are subject to our Terms and Conditions. We do not deliver to PO Boxes, orders placed for these addresses will be cancelled and a full refund will be given if you have already paid for the products. We also deliver to the Republic of Ireland.
- Orders require a signature to acknowledge delivery. The signature of the person accepting delivery at the delivery address will be proof that delivery has been received by you or the person, to whom the order is addressed. If no one is available to accept the delivery you will receive a card to advise that a delivery has been attempted.
- A delivery charge is applicable of £4.95 for standard delivery in England, Wales and parts of Scotland. Please see our delivery section for full costs.
- All delivery deadlines will depend on the address details supplied and stocks being present at time of dispatch. If there are any discrepancies in your order we will contact you, so please be sure to provide correct contact numbers with area codes, as well as an email address.
- We will try to deliver all orders received, however if a customer is not at home a card will be left and the parcel will be delivered to a Neighbour, Post Office or returned back to the depot. It is the customer’s responsibility to collect it or arrange re-delivery.
- If a parcel is returned as undelivered we will offer a refund for the items only. If you still require the parcel to be resent a further postage charge is applicable.
- We cannot accept liability for Next Day/Timed Deliveries where the recipient is not available to receive the parcel. If you do not want the order following a late delivery, please do not accept it and return it to the courier.
- We shall have no liability to you in respect of any delay or failure to deliver a product due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including (without limitation) delay or failure caused by adverse weather, strikes or transport problems.
- We are not liable to pay refund for late delivery if the consignment does not have a complete and accurate address, postcode and telephone number for the customer.
- We are not liable to pay refund for late delivery due to delays with the payment of duties and taxes or parcels being seized by authorities. Or for delays caused by acts or omissions of customers details or other regulatory agencies.
- From time to time we may offer special postage promotions and free delivery which will be available online and via our call centre. These offers are for the Mainland UK only, and exclude in their entirety the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Isle of Scilly. All International/European orders and higher postage delivery areas are also excluded. The postage promotions offered are for standard delivery, and may be available on a differing minimum spend value via our website and our call centre. Postage promotions and in particular free postage offers are not applicable during sale periods and will be removed from the website and call centre automatically without notice.
- If, for any reason, you wish to do so you have the right to cancel any order you have placed. (Other than in respect of products made to your specification.)
- Where the products have been delivered to you, you may cancel them up to 7 working days, starting from the day after the products were received, in line with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- You can email us on email@example.com if you have contacted us to cancel before delivery of your products, please refuse any delivery attempt by the courier. Most products can be returned to the Diya or Rani Fashions store. In the meantime you must take reasonable care of them.
- We will refund you the full amount on complete orders returned. We do not refund cost of returning the goods in line with Regulation 17 of the Distant Selling Regulations. Any orders which are not received in line with the above, the cost of return will be debited from any refund due.
- For instructions on how to return an order, please visit our Returns section.
- We will refund most items provided they are returned complete, unused and in their original packaging with all appropriate labels and tags intact within 14 days of receipt.
- Cosmetics and Pierced Jewellery Items cannot be returned due to the current Health and Hygiene Regulations.
- Please ensure your returns form is completed in full and any supporting information written on a separate sheet of paper and enclosed in the parcel. If you have misplaced your return form, you can download one from our website. All items being returned back to us need to be adequately packaged and labelled.
- Post your parcel to Alankar by Alankar Sarees Ltd L Ltd Trading office 46-48 Wilmslow Road, Rusholme , Manchester M14 5TQ
- You can return your goods via a Post Office using second class recorded delivery for parcels less than 1kg in weight, thereafter first class recorded. Please ensure that you retain the postage receipt and obtain adequate insurance to cover the value of the returned goods. As we cannot accept any liability of items until they have been received by our offices.
- International returns can be made from your local post office or courier company, should you need help or advice regarding this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are unable to provide a free returns service, and therefore customers are required to cover all return postage costs.
- If you return an item to us outside of the terms and conditions of our return policy and you statutory rights do not apply we may not refund you.
- Refunds are processed within 28 days of receipt of any returns. A refund can only be issued via the original payment method.
- If an item is out of stock or you cancel your order before dispatch a refund is issued within 3/4 days. If there is an issue where a refund has not been received please call our customer care on (0)203 129 1446.
- Any courier claims can take up to six weeks to refund on return of all relevant paperwork.
- During peak periods such as Sales or Festive periods for processing refunds may be slightly longer.
Occasionally an item of stock may not be available. Under these circumstances we do not wish to delay your order and may do any of the following.
- We will try to contact you, in the event you are not reachable a refund may be given of the item and your order dispatched.
- If the customer supplies incorrect telephone numbers or incorrect address details and we cannot verify them, the order may not be sent out until we are able to make contact with the customer.
- Your card details must match the delivery address. If there is a discrepancy then we will need to verify the card and address match before dispatching your parcel. This may delay the dispatch of your order. We cannot be held liable for timed and next day deliveries in these cases.
- In the event that more than one item is missing we may cancel the order and issue a refund in full.
Damaged Goods / Parcels
- In the event that the parcel has been damaged or tampered with on delivery, do not sign for parcel and return it back to courier.
- If you accept a damaged parcel then you need to sign “damaged” on receipt and obtain the couriers signature. Open goods in front of courier and notify him of any damage/missing items. A refund for this will depend on the time taken by the courier to resolve the claim.
- Keep ALL packaging as this will be required for any claims against couriers for damaged/missing items. In the event of damaged items you must contact our customer service team on (0)203 129 1446 within 3 days. Any notification after this date will not be considered.
- We shall refund or replace free of charge any goods lost in transit by our carrier, subject to completion of their claims process.
- In the event that you receive an item which is damaged please contact our customer care on (0)203 129 1446and we will try to resolve this matter with a repair, refund or replacement.
- Refunds will not be given for products with damages caused by a customer’s misuse or neglect.
Missing Items / Parcels
- A claim must be placed within 3 days of receipt of your order via phone on (0)203 129 1446, email email@example.com
- You will be required to fill out a missing claim form which can be downloaded from our website
- All packaging must be kept in order to process your claim.
- Should you accept a damaged package you will be subject to any Parcelforce investigations before we can finalise any claims.
- Where the courier company establish that delivery has been made we would then need to adhere to their claim procedure. This will require the customer to fill up a Missing Parcel claim form which will be provided directly from couriers.
- Unfortunately we cannot pursue any claims until all appropriate forms have been returned back to them.
Clearance / Sale Section
- The reductions shown are reductions from the original marked price charged on the website. We also supply a recommended sale price as guidance on the normal selling price. Occasionally these prices may have applied more than six months ago.
- The offer of free delivery is not applicable on sale items.
Fabric & Embroidery
- Many of our items are hand embroidered and therefore fragile in their usage. These garments should be worn with care and are mainly for special occasion wear.
- A majority of the fabrics used are 100% Polyester.
- A garment may have variations in patterns due individual dyeing methods.
- Please ensure that the first wash is ‘Dry Clean’ only, Heavy embroidered items can only be Dry Cleaned.
- Casual items should be washed separately in cold water and thoroughly rinsed (do not leave to soak).
- Please note that due to hand dyeing methods used the colours are not guaranteed. We cannot be liable for any damage to your garments due to not complying with the washing instructions given.
- All clothing with embossed or rubber prints should be reverse ironed.
- Any displacements to sequin beading or embroidery cannot be deemed to be a defect in the garment but is caused by the very nature of the work. Extra beading is supplied. In these cases postage cannot be claimed in refunds.
- Shoes that have sequins diamonte or embroidery are occasion wear only and some designs such as kusa cannot be worn in wet conditions.
- Outfits may have a smell of paraffin which is due to the process used to dry clean garments after embroidery. This smell with evaporate once the garment has been removed from packing.